Ivan Gutierrez, Managing Director of Oil and Gas Corrosion held a masterclass in Asset Corrosion Management and Corrosion Under Insulation.
Asset Corrosion Management and Corrosion Under Insulation was a training course developed for a specific audience, the attendants were from the Oil and Gas industry. The course enabled delegates to understand the process required to develop, implement and maintain an asset corrosion management system for the oil and gas industry. This process is based on proven best practice and provides a methodology for asset corrosion management based on real-life examples.
Key benefits of this course were:
- Update on the latest developments in corrosion mitigation and monitoring
- Understanding how corrosion management is a vital part of the regulatory framework of safety legislation
- Understanding the methodology that underpins management systems used for asset integrity and corrosion management
- Acquiring the techniques for developing, implementing and maintaining a corrosion management system
- Develop basic auditing skills for corrosion management systems
- Performing gap analysis for corrosion management implementation
Engineers and managers from Total, GE Oil and Gas, DNV-GL and other upstream companies attended the course. The attendee’s feedback comments included:
“Enthusiastic trainer with lots of knowledge and experiences and always eager to answer questions, meeting colleagues from the field with lots of experiences, studying and practising with case studies “
“This training will allow our organisation to use a more systematic approach to corrosion management”
If you are interested in this training course, please contact us.
Oil & Gas Corrosion provides expert advice to the oil and gas industry to meet regulatory compliance, assure business continuity and optimise expenditure by managing the risks associated with materials and corrosion.
Oil & Gas Corrosion is an independent consultancy under the guidance of Ivan Gutierrez. Ivan has more than 18 years’ experience in materials and corrosion and is a member of the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE), a professional member of the Institute of Corrosion (MICorr) and the Society of Petroleum Engineers.
He is recognised as an expert in sour service and is a member of Task Group 299 on the Oversight of Maintenance Panel for NACE MR0175 / ISO 15156. “Materials for use in H2S-containing environments in oil and gas production”.