Two new Technical Circulars have been recently issued, these technical circulars are interim up-dates to the currently published ANSI/NACE MR0175/ISO 15156 2015. The Technical Circulars are considered part of NACE MR0175 / ISO 15156 with immediate effect.
INTERNATIONAL STANDARD ISO 15156-2:2015 TECHNICAL CIRCULAR 2
Part 2 of the standard has been updated in clause B.5, specifically Table B.3 that has been updated with details on HIC testing environment and acceptance criteria. These updates reflect the latest changes on NACE TM0284 and the environment specific testing conditions.
There are also other updates throughout Part 2 amend some temperature conversion discrepancies.
INTERNATIONAL STANDARD ISO 15156-3:2015 TECHNICAL CIRCULAR 1
Part 3 of NACE MR0175 / ISO 15156 which covers Corrosion Resistant Alloys has several important updates:
- Table A.3 has an update on the process condition of UNS S20910 (Nitronic 50 / XM-19). The standard now also considers hot-worked and solution annealed conditions.
- Table A.23 now has a footnote for UNS J91540 indicating that the maximum tensile stress shall not exceed 2/3 of the SMYS or 345MPa (50ksi) whichever is less.
- Table A.32 for precipitation hardened nickel bases alloys has been updated to provide further clarity on Inconel 718 and 925. Furthermore, an additional entry to the table is Inconel 718 with heat treatment in accordance to API 6ACRA and a maximum hardness of 45HRC.
- Table A.32 has also been updated to include UNS N09955.
- Table A.40 has been updated to include pressure seals and springs in energized seals, in addition to this a footnote on UNS R30003 and R30004 is now included.
- Clause A.13.1 has been updated to cover only claddings and linings. A new clause A.13.2 has been inserted to cover corrosion-resitant weld overlays only and to address important issues such as composition limits and iron dilution on weld overlays of alloy 625.
- Tables in Annex D (informative) have been updated to include N08029 and N09955.
There are also other updates throughout Part 3 amend some temperature conversion discrepancies.
You can download copies of the latest technical circulars following this link.
If you require assistance evaluating the impact of these Technical Circulars contact our team, we are here to help you!
With a wealth of experience in the oil and gas industry, we provide independent materials and corrosion consultancy to help companies reduce risk, save money and apply best practice in their oil and gas businesses.
Find out more by getting in touch – you’ll get an answer from a qualified, experienced materials engineer every time.
How to get in touch
US: 877-399-1010 (toll free)
66 Eldon St