Our expertise in Oilfield Metallurgy can support your QA team.
Oil & Gas Corrosion supports the supply chain by providing expert advice to our client’s Quality Assurance (QA) teams.
Our clients are not only operators and contractors in the oil and gas industry, we also help OEMs, service companies and product manufacturers including steel mills, stock holders and OCTG producers.
We are helping Quality Assurance teams in the following areas:
- Technical audits to steel mills and heat treatment companies.
- Client specification review.
- QA documentation support (Material Test Reports, Manufacturing Record Books).
- WPQR/WPS review.
- NDT support.
- Material specification development.
- NACE MR0175 interpretation including certification issues.
- Project management for sour service qualification.
- Project management for specialised metallurgical products.
- Failure investigation, root cause analysis (RCA) and NCR support.
Most of our QA support is done remotely using Video Conferencing services. Our expertise is here to support your QA team.
Oil & Gas Corrosion is an independent consultancy under the guidance of Ivan Gutierrez. Ivan has over 20 years’ experience in materials and corrosion and is a member of the National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE), a professional member of the Institute of Corrosion (MICorr) and the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE). He is as an expert in sour service and a Great Britain national expert member of the British Standards Institution committee PSE/17/67/7 “Corrosion Resistant Alloys”, his expertise is internationally recognized as a member of National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) Task Group 299 on the Oversight of Maintenance Panel for NACE MR0175 / ISO 15156. “Materials for use in H2S-containing environments in oil and gas production” and the International Association of Oil and Gas Produces (IOGP) 15156 committee (ISO/TC 67/WG 7 “Corrosion resistant materials”) which is the acting maintenance agency for the International Organisation for Standardization (ISO).